Google Tag Manager Plugin for Joomla Websites
Enable a Google Tag Manager container on your Joomla! Website
Google Tag Manager makes it a breeze to install and configure Google Analytics.
Some of the features of the latest version include:
- dataLayer initialization - the dataLayer opens up great ways to pass additional information to Google Analytics.
- Track Users that are logged into your website
- Scrolling code can be included - to setup view this blog post - Who's Reading my Content?
Follow these steps to install:
- Login to Google Tag Manager to obtain your Container ID - it will have a format of 'GTM-XXXXXX' where the 'X's will be unique for your website.
- If you have not configured any tags within your Tag Manager Container - review this article, Upgrade to Universal Analytics using Google Tag Manager, to setup basic web tracking.
- Next download the plugin here: Version 1.0.0
- Then logon to your Joomla! site and select Extensions -> Install
- Browse for the googletagmanager.1.0.0.zip file
- Configure the Plugin with the Google Tag Manager Container ID
- You can also configure the dataLayer and Admin tracking at this time as well (or leave the defaults as is)
- Publish your plugin and your website is now being tracked by Google Analytics.
We are actively updating this plugin. Please let us know your feedback or submit enhancement requests by creating a support request (you will have to register to submit this request).
The following video provides a brief introduction to Google Tag Manager: